Well here we are again, back in the kitchen, one of our favorite places to hang out. Usually these cooking episodes include fun, laughter, wine and some of our best meals we have put together. This one is no exception. We have decided to conquer homemade cauliflower crust pizza. Su has scoured the internet for recipes and has selected the one she thinks is “it”. So here we go:
As always, we are a team. The cauliflower is cooking, we are measuring bowls of cheeses, eggs and seasonings. We have set our sites on 9 crusts – 3 for tonight and 6 for the freezer. It is easier than we think to put these together. We cook each crust and they all have a look of their own which gives them that homemade touch. We add our pizza sauce (tip: always read the labels as you do not need any extra sugar). We grate some fresh mozzarella and add the pepperoni. Into the oven it goes. There is nothing better than smell of pizza freshly baking in the oven – yummmmmmmm! We take it out piping hot and then the real test begins. We are serving our family: 2 kids, 2 husbands and my dad (Su’s Papa). Guess what! It is a hit! Everyone enjoys it with no complaints! So we are including the recipe below with a Su and Lu stamp of approval. We have decided though that we will try two other recipes that we have discovered for Keto friendly pizza crust before we cast our vote for our favorite. But that is for another weekend. Stay Tuned!
Recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust
*1 bag of cauliflower rice (12oz usually is the size)
*1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
*1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
*1/4 tsp garlic powder
*1/4 tsp oregano
*1/4 tsp calt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook cauliflower rice according to bag instructions- it’s either microwave or easy heat on the stove top.
3. SUPER IMPORTANT STEP!!! place the cauliflower rice on a cutting board and grab a milk bag or tea towel and SQUEEZE as much liquid out of that rice as possible. this is SOOO important because if you don’t, your crust will be soggy
4. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine drained cauliflower rice with mozzarella, parmesan, egg, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Stir until fully combined.
5. Dump the dough out onto a baking sheet or pizza stone *lined with parchment paper* and form into a circle. Make sure it stays about 1/2″ thick- basically no holes 🙂
6. Bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown. Use the parchment paper to flip the crust over and bake again on the other side for about 5-10min more.
7. Add your fave toppings and cook for 8-12 min or until the cheese is melted and bubbly ORRRRRRR don’t add the toppings and FREEZE!!!
7.5- if you want to freeze your crust ahead of time for later don’t add those toppings- stop here! put it in the freezer just like it is on the parchment paper for 1-2hours. Then wrap in aluminum foil and put back in freezer until you’re ready to eat!! When you’re ready to make the pizza- take the crust out of the freezer, don’t thaw, but immediately go to step 7 and then enjoy 🙂